Welcome to Random Rudeness and Other Unnecessary Behavior

This is the inaugural post of a blog that I hope will be therapeutic for myself and others who suffer the daily injustices of rude, unnecessary and ridiculous behavior. This blog was born at 2 a.m. after blaring Rap lyrics from a car passing my bedroom window jolted me awake (Is it illegal to shoot their rear windows out with a BB Gun?). It launched less than 24 hours after I was ripped off by a heating & cooling guy ($79 just to tell me it was broken. No shit! Why else would I be walking around my condo in a thong OD'ing on cheap popsicles?) My first post comes less than six months after being abruptly laid off after putting in a full day’s work at a job to which I had given years of my life's blood, copious amounts of sweat and literal tears. (I mean seriously, couldn't they have laid me off at 8:30 a.m. so I could have made it home in time for Oprah?)

This blog is for those - like me- who are fed up with neighbors, employers, co-workers, friends, family, businesses, politicians, celebrities, humans, animals and situations exhibiting randomly rude, unnecessary and ridiculous behavior. I want to write about the things I rant about behind the steering wheel of my car, in my living room, while watching the news, and to my family and friends. My goal, however, is not just to contribute more impotent rantings and ravings to the world, but to create a discourse and a forum for sharing coping mechanisms, information and a source of enlightenment for those who may not even realize they are being rude, unnecessary and ridiculous.

My grandma always says, "If people knew better, they would do better." I think she might have stolen that phrase from Maya Angelou or Oprah, but that doesn't make it less relevant or less true. Sometimes shining light on random rudeness and ridiculousness can plant the seeds for change. At least, that's my hope. I'm tired of being frustrated by unacceptable behavior. I'm sure I'm not the only one. So, I'd like to share my experiences and any information I can find on how to deal with the people and situations we face every day. I'd also like to hear other's experiences, comments, thoughts and advice.

No comments: